Thursday, March 11, 2010

Odor

This will be short, when you're meeting someone for the first time or really ever, b/c honestly if you stink, it can and will destroy a relationship, don't smell bad.

Smell bad can make many forms, not showering is a prime culprit. No girl wants to be around a guy who smells like Comic Con on Sunday. That's the musk of nerd and no, it's not sexy. Take a shower and use soap. Using soap is important. My grandfather stopped using soap in his old age and no one wanted to sit next to him in the car. Don't be my old man funk grandfather. Also I knew a guy who liked to use Lava soap instead of regular soap. Unless you regularly get drenched in car grease, use normal soaps...it doesn't really matter but by it at a normal store, not an auto parts place.

The other end of the spectrum is don't drench yourself in cologne and other perfume type things. I think generally women like their men to smell either just like clean or with a little bit of cologne. If you bathed in Axe body spray then you're probably assaulting everyone else out there with your cologne. B/c remember, if you can smell it on yourself, it's probably too much. And although I have no personal experience with Axe bodysprays and stuff, I heard that stuff sucks. Don't fall for their commercials, the only tackles you'll get are from people trying to bumrush you out of the store so they can breathe again.

Third, and this is the hardest one. I firmly believe that sometimes people's pheromones just don't click. It doesn't have anything to do with not washing or what kind of deodorant you use, but just body chemistry. Women have a better sense of smell than men in general (I can hunt out papers on this for you if you really want) and so sometimes a guy will reek to you, but not your friend and that's b/c you aren't meant to breed with that guy. This totally happened to me, I could smell him, and my friend with me couldn't at all. It was totally weird but completely true. So if you think he's smelly and no one else does, it's your body saying that it's a bad idea and to move on. But this also works the opposite way, sometimes a guy just smells great to you. Maybe that means you'll have cute babies! haha, I don't think that's been studied. :)

2 comments:

Fon said...

Did your friend who couldn't smell that guy breed with him? :)

geekgirl said...

No i was on a date and I could totally smell him but aily who was with me couldn't. Originally I thought i was totally the stinky one but nope, not me.