Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's a Trap!

(an extra post to make up for the one I skipped last week)

There are many traps in life. There are literal traps like tiger traps but also figurative but just as dangerous traps too.



For example, the most infamous trap is, "Do I look fat in this?" Why is that a trap? B/c unless you're very careful, all answers are bad and could spark an argument.

Look at his butt! hahaha!!


How to avoid traps? The best way is to be around people who don't set them. Failing that, think carefully about the best response to avoid confrontation. Something like, "No you don't, you look great in everything." (I'm totally making this up b/c I don't really know how to avoid these things...is there any placating trap setters?)

Ok, this article is pretty funny...it has a lot of female to male translation which apparently I can't do. Hahaha!

Another trap I heard of was telling the guy he could go to a strip club with friends and then getting mad at him for going to the strip club...even though she went too. That's just mighty unreasonable. I think if you have someone who is doing that to you, you have to evaluate whether unreasonableness is a fairly common occurrence in your relationship and if you want to live with that.

Anyhow, traps are bad, avoid is possible, deflect and minimize in all other circumstances. And be wary at all times. :)

1 comment:

isayx3 said...

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

"no, the fat makes you look fat"