Wednesday, December 8, 2010

There's a first time for everything

Yikes, this is going to be a delicate topic and I'm not known for my delicacy or like tact...here's trying and I hope I don't offend too many people, but considering most of you know me personally, you'll probably live. :P

Sex is a huge deal. Doing it for the first time is an even huger deal. Especially for nerds that giggle when people would say the word and turn away with people kissed on tv. (I'm not even exaggerating here!) But I'm going to talk a little bit about it, not like HOW to do it, but more the psychological why or why nots...there are plenty of things that can help you with the hows. :P

First, it's not something to rush into. When people are teenagers and nerdy hormones were flooding through their body, they probably wanted to do something, but lets not discuss that, that's creeping me out. The point I'm trying to make is, don't rush it sex b/c your hormones tell you to. Your hormones are dumb and don't come from your brain (I think). Many poor regrettable decisions come from hormone based actions instead of logically thinking about it. Think about it, if you have the opportunity once, likely that opportunity will come up again and hopefully you'll have some time to evaluate the situation and decide if you're ready.

On the flip side, if you haven't yet and you're like getting "old", whatever you think is old don't stress. Stressing about sex is like a sure fire way to not attract someone. I'm sure I've talked about desperation as something that scares people away, so if it's not happening, just chill, work on your life, work on being happy and meeting new people and eventually things should happen.

You should also feel comfortable with the person. Don't just sleep with someone to get it out of the way. You should probably have some sort of emotional connection, and maybe you should know their last name.

Don't do anything you don't feel comfortable with. Don't do it b/c you feel pressured into it by another person. If they're pressuring you, they're douches and you don't want to date douches.

If you're going to have sex, be considerate of the people you live with. Don't do it in the living room and then have your roomate bust in on you and your pasty white nerd butt. That's awkward and your roommate might be forced to blind themselves with brooches. Even if you're in your room, keep screaming to a minimum b/c really, that's not fun either.

Perhaps most importantly in regards to sex, is be safe. Make sure the person you're with isn't going to axe murder you or put poison in your ears. Make sure there aren't any unwanted babies and that you're on the same page about that topic. Make sure that there aren't going to be any diseases passed back and forth b/c there are some things that should not be shared. And I would add that make sure that you won't regret that decision later. I've heard that "you only regret the things you didn't do". Well that's stupid, I've regretted tons of things I've done, but what I mean is, make sure this is something that is right for you, at that time, and with the right person b/c your hormones aren't always working in your best interest.

No comments: